Study Centre Circular Head is dedicated to supporting regional and remote learners at a post-secondary level in the Circular Head region.
The Australian Government has invested millions of dollars to create community-owned, Regional University Centres at multiple sites across regional Australia. These Regional University Centres provide a vital support system for remote and regional students.
Learners have access to a campus like facility that provides essential academic support and wraparound student services as well as infrastructure such as study spaces, video conferencing, computing facilities and internet access. All students studying at a post-secondary level through Australian universities and vocational education and training providers (VET) such as TAFE have access to these facilities.
Study Centre Circular Head is an initiative of Study Hub West Coast – the only Regional University Centre in Tasmania. Successfully created in 2019, Study Hub West Coast not only provides that essential network for students, it also offers training opportunities in a range of areas to ensure our community can access training needs locally.
It’s a well-known fact that students who leave regional areas to study in an urban institution are unlikely to return. Study Centre Circular Head has been created to support a large network of university and VET students in the Circular Head region. It offers support to the region to ensure that students can remain connected to their community to stay and study and access vital education pathways.
We are here to empower students to continue their education journey through our facility. Study Centre Circular Head places great importance on learning and we welcome any and all initiatives in the region that will provide pathways to further study, address skills shortages and create a community of learners.
WHAT DOES THE STUDY CENTRE OFFER for local students?
- Campus-like facilities
- Safe, inclusive learning environment
- Formal and informal study spaces
- Course advice for university and Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Academic support for university and Vocational Education and Training (VET) including tutoring and mentoring
- Face to face engagement with lecturers, tutors and trainers
- General study support including developing individual study plans
- Peer study groups
- Student wellbeing initiatives including social activities and events
- Free Wi-Fi
- Secure facility access 7 days a week
- Community learning opportunities via non accredited offerings
- Employment pathways via our connections to local business and industry
- Professional development opportunities